Friday, September 15, 2006

Quitting Caffeine

Ok, so I am totally addicted to coffee and after many, many years of nuturing this addiction, I have decided to stop it. Oh yes it is going to be awful :) You may be asking yourselves what has brought this on? I am tired of being a slave to my morning cup . I am going to embark on a 4-5 day fruit and veggie juice and herbal tea fasting cleanse. My plan is to start fasting tomorrow morning and by Thursday, I should be as good as new or something like that.

The workout on Wednesday was good. We did broad jumps, vertical jumps and box jumps. Followed by a 5x5 of chins and push-ups. My shoulders were pretty sore from Tuesday's arsenal of one arm snatches so I only did a 4x5.

I am excited for tonight's LOBO and then plan to take it easy during my fast by just doing yoga.


2 comments:

K-Smash said...

Hey, good luck!!! After you quit drinking coffee for a while, do you think you will go back to the occasional cup for the flavor? Actually, the co-op has some caffeine-free herbal, carob based "coffee" called teeccino. I really like that stuff. The flavor is unique...I think its pretty yummy.

madison said...

Wow. How is it going? I'd join you, and have quit the big C in the past, but I'm not motivated for that right now. Good luck! See you soon!