Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It's all about the goal...

Funny story K-smash! I can imagine how someone who's been rowing for 34 years might not be interested in feeling a tug, but I find resistance gratifying... Had a great workout yesterday---FIT pyramid of reps 15-20-25-20-15 for 6 stations: r-twist (2 70# cables), high bounce 6K med ball, resisted running (reps X 2) with blue cable, burpees, box step ups, cone jumps. I finished in time and didn't have to shave any reps on any station! I can remember when I couldn't finish this workout. It feels good to be at this point, even knowing that I've lost fitness over the last few months. Forgot to use my inhaler before I started and felt the effects of it by the end of class. Won't do that again, but I'm also appreciating learning my symptoms.
Food: splurged for breakfast---coffee, bacon, croissant (delish!)
Penance for lunch: salad--romain, beets, carrots, chick peas, sunflower seed, vinegar, olive oil
Veggie stew (again!) for dinner. My veggie stew was made in the slow cooker with about 5 whole garlic cloves, 6 small potatoes, 4 beets, 6 carrots, chicken broth, 1 bunch of swiss chard. I've been eating it since last week, not everyday but still, I'm ready for it to end. I should have just frozen a bunch into servings the day after I made it instead of taking this endless voyage to veggie stew land, but on the otherhand I don't have to plan a menu or cook when I get home.

Working out with guns tonight!!

3 comments:

K-Smash said...

Nice job on the FIT workout. That is great! Stay positive...that's the best thing for your workouts.

That veggie stew does sound good. Did you cook it on the stove or in a slow-cooker? Did you put the chard in last - did the chard get bitter at all? I think I may try making that one of these days.

madison said...

Well, I did it in the slow cooker, and the chard was a little bitter, but I kind of like that. I put the chard on top of everything else so it wasn't sitting in the liquid, just wilted down onto everything. I don't know if that made a difference or not.

K-Smash said...

I ask because I once made a veggie stew in the crock pot that contained sweet potatoes, onions, peppers, broccoli, and kale...and it smelled like some bacterial media that I would make in lab. Honestly. It was not very good. But anyway, since then, I always put my greens into such things right before eating, so that they quickly wilt and don't cook too much...but I've never been able to go back to that original recipe, because it smelled like my lab...icky...