Thursday, September 21, 2006

Sick

This all started Monday, with my mediocre 100 yard workout. I made it through only 40 yards of everything, and had to leave before cooldown when I wrenched my neck lifting the 70# DBall.

Tuesday, still couldn't move neck, so I didn't workout. Later in the day, started feeling queasy. Ended up throwing up dinner, threw up all night and into Wed. Started having explosive you-know-what too, so was having stuff coming out both ends. Absolutely disgusting. I've never been this sick before. Still unable to eat anything but saltines and 7up, still feeling nauseated but at least the vomiting's over. To make matters worse, still can't move neck properly, which adds to the fun of sprinting to the bathroom.

Just thought I'd share. Not sure where I caught this bug, but I hope it leaves me alone soon. (Haven't eaten spinach, in case that's what you're thinking. Have eaten kale, though?) At any rate, no working out for the rest of this week, I get teary when I think of it. Haven't had this much time off in, oh, EVER. It's killing me. But if I do anything more than sit up in bed, I feel nauseous. Grrrr

4 comments:

madison said...

Oh honey! I feel for you, I truly do. Take GOOD care of yourself, make that your goal until you are completely better. We miss you.

Tough Chick said...

Ahhhh. Sorry your sick girl! I hope you feel better soon.

K-Smash said...

Aw, Dr. Burpees, I feel so bad for you! Are you sure you didn't eat any spinach? Think its the flu? I'll bet you wrenched your neck because you were already getting sick.

I hope you feel better soon! Take care of yourself and don't rush your recovery!!!!

amber said...

Thanks so much ladies! I'm starting to eat again (what a way to do a fast!) and its great. I'm going to hold off on going back to gym workouts until I've eaten a full day's worth of meals, though. If I don't, I'm afraid I'll get frustrated by my lack of strength and ability to keep up.

Nope, no spinach. Had some leftover Thai on Monday, with rice. May have been the culprit. Who knows, though? Some of the ER nurses have the same thing, it turns out, so its probably from some patient that came through there. Ugh.