Thursday, September 21, 2006

Wed. and Thurs, workouts

I've been feeling really tired lately. I don't know why...

Tonight DH and I went for a run. The route was 3.4 miles and moderately hilly. None of the hills were extremely steep, but they were loooooooooooong!

Yesterday I was super tired, so I did two rounds (instead of three) through this circuit:
1. hindu pushups
2. body rows
3. stability ball pike-ups
4. cable presses
5. 90 degree assisted chins
6. stability ball curls
7. situps

I found the stability ball pikes to be much harder than the power wheel pikes. I think its just a matter of getting used to the ball...you guys should try it and tell me how you think they compare.

My eating is fairly decent...kale-blueberry smoothie for breakfast, half an acorn squash for lunch, a raw cookie (made with apples, cashews, cranberries, and something else - don't remember - got it at Whole Foods), an apple and some almonds, and for dinner, whole wheat and flax pasta with tomato sauce, steamed broccoli and homemade meatballs. The meatballs were really good - 95% lean beef, shredded zucchini, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder...I think that's it...and I baked them. My downfall was some salt-water taffy...don't know what possessed me to give in to the refined sugar, but it was good. Yesterday I had oatmeal for breakfast. I can't remember what I had for lunch - it was either a watercress salad or a hummus-veggie wrap. I think I also ate a nectarine, and dinner was chicken breast baked with tomatoes, onions, and red peppers, and steamed broccoli. I ate something else yesterday too - I think I ate some of that Optimum Power cereal during the day. Like I said, I was REALLY tired....

Alrighty...be strong!

4 comments:

madison said...

I'm finding that the change of season is affecting my energy level. Less daylight, and my body is dragging. Happy autumn! I love reading your meals. They are inspiring me to contemplate cooking for myself more regularly.

K-Smash said...

Want me to send you a recipe every day? I have the time to do it right now...as I have the time to cook...not sure this will continue once I start working again. Actually, I'll probably cook several meals on weekends and freeze/refrigerate them for the week...we'll see...

But my downfall is my sweet cravings. I'll be fine for a while, and then I'll get hit with these cravings for really sweet food...drives me nuts.

My Mom mentioned how the typical fall weather is starting up there. Here its still in the 80's and 90's and sunny. Sure you don't want to move down here??? :D

Tough Chick said...

Damn the sweet cravings...I have those too. It takes everything I have not to give in to the candy machine. arrrrr. The recipe a day is a great idea. I am going to make the "anti-cancer" soup tomorrow. I cant wait!

K-Smash said...

I want to make the anti-cancer soup. It sounds soooo good. But its still in the 90's here...and who wants soup when its in the 90s???

Darn sunshine and beautiful weather!!!! ;p