Tuesday, June 05, 2007

coming back is hard

Coming back to working out I mean. Its amazing all the muscles that have gone away in a few short days.

Sunday I did a gauntlet workout reminiscent of Power 60 class, but easier:
20 jump lunge
JR 100 F/B
20 pushup
JR
20 PW curl
JR
20 body row
JR
20 PW pike
JR

Twice through that and I was toast. It was hard to jump rope on my carpet, so that made things harder and me more tired. I'll probably get used to that with time.

Monday I did another basic workout, this time a card deck:
pushups
chins
squats with 40#
good mornings

Today my arms are so sore! Its ridiculous, actually, because just a few weeks ago those workouts wouldn't have made me blink. Its either the time off, or the weather here, or both. Either way I'm glad to be a little sore and glad to be at it again!

I'll send pics of my cute little workout space when I have a sunny day to take pics of it. Right now its a little cloudy, so its pretty dark in here (no lights in that room yet!)
Stay strong ladies!

1 comment:

K-Smash said...

Coming back IS hard! I don't know what my problem is - I am STILL tired ALL THE TIME. I probably need to sleep more.

Those are a couple good, solid workouts. Don't worry - you always come back SUPER fast. You'll be kicking butt in no time!