Saturday, June 23, 2007

The weekend! Finally!

Wow, I get SO toasted by the end of the week, it takes everything I have left to drag myself home, take a shower, eat something, and crawl into bed on Friday nights. This 5 hours of sleep a night thing is not working. Not at all. Its really taking a toll. I keep asking DH if he would consider going to work earlier and coming home earlier, but it doesn't happen. Its not his fault that I don't sleep more, but it certainly doesn't help when he's getting home at 9 or 10 every night, and staying up until midnight or later.

Anyway, Wednesday I ran 3 miles. Thursday I was going to work out after my last client, but I started to warm up and decided that my body was just too tired to benefit from working out, so I gave up and went home. Yesterday, I worked out with my afternoon class. We did a 10 minute warm-up on the agility ladders, and then did a card deck of burpees, pushups, swings (used the 24kg), and touch-backs.

I was so exhausted last night, that I ate some cereal, honeydew melon, and not-so-healthy trail mix. I'm frustrated with myself. Anyway, after eating I fell asleep on the sofa, then moved to the bed and slept for about 12 hours. I still feel tired today. Not sure if I am going to workout today. If I do, I think I'll run 3 miles again. I've totally fallen off my goal of following CF all month. Oh well. I feel that this week I need to get a couple good runs, and a couple good KB workouts in.

Be strong, ladies! Keep posting - you're keeping me going!

5 comments:

amber said...

You need to get yourself a schedule, girl! Just do it, go to bed at 10. When the DH doesn't see you for a few days, he might just decide to change his mind.

And to help this idea along, withholding sex helps too.

And as far as food goes, when you have energy, pre-make your healthy meals. Throw all the stuff to make a salad into a bag/bowl (except dressing), get some healthier trail mixes together and keep them handy for snacking. Your diet is doing allright, but doing those things might decrease the frustration factor. I really think your sleep schedule is still the key to your energy level though.

K-Smash said...

You're right - I need to just go to bed. I keep telling myself this, but when 9 or 10 rolls around, I always have more I want to do or read or whatever...

As far as withholding sex, I don't want to punish DH. I know that his boss IS a slave-driver. On Mondays, they have a lab meeting that starts at 6 pm and doesn't get done until 9 or 10 (and it takes about 45 minutes to get home from the lab). Tuesdays they have another meeting, which starts at 4 and doesn't get over until about 8...so by the time Wednesday rolls around, his schedule is already shifted to the later side of the day. DH is under so much pressure at work that the last thing I want to do is make him feel like he's being punished at home...

We move into the new house this week. Yay!! Once we're there, I'm going to make it a priority to prepare healthy meals and snacks on the weekends so that they are easy to grab and eat during the week. If I wash and chop veggies and fruit, it'll make everything seem easier during the week.

Maybe for a week I should try taking a sleep aid as soon as I get home from work? That would force me to go to bed earlier, I think...

madison said...

I really am impressed by your dedication to being supportive to DH. I know that you love him and that your relationship is a top priority. It's good to have a long term view.

I'm going to follow Burpees lead, because I want to support YOU, sweet friend. I will take a different tone. This is a dilemma, and without blaming or assigning responsibility for your wacked out schedule, what can you do, each day, that will let you get better and more rest?

The next question is---once you know what you need to do, what are you getting out of not changing? If you answer is "more time with DH" then you need to weigh the importance of that time against your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health. And then ask yourself the question again: "What do YOU get out of placing your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health second to anything?"

Be honest with yourself about your answer. And then let whatever your need is go, because nothing is more important than your health and you need to be ready to bring all of it---your strong healthy mind, body and spirit---to your marriage if you want that relationship to last into the twilight years and beyond!

K-Smash said...

I see your point, and you are absolutely right. I need to make taking care of myself a priority, and I KNOW how important sleep is... I just need to be disciplined about going to bed earlier...

:)

madison said...

Thanks for letting me preach. You know I'm on your side!