Friday, June 08, 2007

Tired and sore, but in a good way

I did NOT want to work out yesterday, but I did...and I'm starting to feel a little more normal. I decided for the rest of June, I am going to follow Crossfit's WOD and see how it compares to me designing my own workouts. Then in July I may do the MBG WODs, or I might design my own program again. Because of the facilities I have access to, its actually easier to do the Crossfit WODs than the MBG WODs right now.

Anyway, yesterday I did an adaptation of the workout because I was tired and felt that that was all I could do. I did five rounds of our 400 m route (which is actually 320 m) and 30 thrusters (squat and press) with 45lbs. I didn't bother timing myself, but I will say that I think my time was pathetically slow. I guess the protocol with thrusters is to squat until your thighs are parallel to the ground. I went down into a deep squat for most of them.

Last night I got home from work about 8:30 and managed to get myself into bed by 9:30...but I had to be up at 5:00 this morning, so I still don't feel like its enough. Tonight I'll probably get home around 9 or 10, and I'll try to go to bed right away. Tomorrow, I might sleep in until 8 or so.

Today is a rest day! Yay! Be strong!

3 comments:

madison said...

Sounds like you're doing a good job of adjusting your training to what's happening with your energy. I'll be interested to hear about the comparison between June and July's workouts...Not just in terms of your feelings of fitness, but also your overall energy level. Keep working on that Sleep!

K-Smash said...

So I worked on supine bridge and prone mountain a lot yesterday, like you suggested. I tried to remember everything you wrote about the actions, but I think I am going to print out your comments and do them again today when I have a break. Definitely seemed to help.

Sigh...a cat just came over and planted her butt right on my hand while I was typing. Crazy animals.

Anyway, sometimes its frustrating when I realize what hard work HEY and posture realignment is, but thank goodness I'm aware of it. I'm glad I'm not muscling through crazy workouts and ignoring what is going on with my alignment. Thank you again for all your input and coaching! I would be in a lot of trouble without it!

madison said...

Hi K-smash! It feels good to know that I help! I've been thinking about that stuff too. HEY is not an ego boost, it's an energy boost. It's actually ego crushing. When I've been doing bridge, I've been eating my words about pushing down with the heels to ease hamstring cramps. What DOES help for me, these days at least, is pushing forward with the shins. It creates enough space in the knee joint to open up the lower hamstring. That's my story anyway.