Sunday, June 17, 2007

It's ALWAYS something!!

So I've been feeling tired yet lately...I think that it is definitely due to inadequate sleep, so this weekend I gave myself permission to sleep as much as I like. I definitely feel better, except that I felt a slight twinge of leg pain (lower left leg) start Friday night when I was cleaning. Saturday I felt it a little, but not a lot, so I didn't really pay attention to it. Last night it woke me up a few times, because any time I shifted in my sleep, it started to hurt. It doesn't feel like its in the muscle...its feels deeper, and it only hurts when I move it. Its very difficult to pinpoint exactly where the pain is, except that it is not in the major muscles, and its not in the knee, but it is associated with straightening the leg. I think its underneath my calf, but I'm not sure. It seems to be in a broad area. Anyway, it hurts, and because of that, I ended up making today another rest day. I hope it feels better tomorrow. If not, I'll be forced to do one-leg pushups, and a lot of KB work (oh no!). :)

Thursday workout:
Warmed up with jumprope and line drills. Three times through of: 15 double-unders (I'm finally starting to get them! yay!), 15 burpees, 15 box jumps, and 15 body rows. Then I did another set of double unders, and some pushups and other random things. Felt SUPER tired that day.

Friday:
Warm up with JR (practicing double unders again), situps, back extensions, pushups.
Workout: 7 sets of 3 overhead squats. Two sets at 75 lbs, three sets at 85 lbs, and 2 sets at 95 lbs. Felt pretty good.

Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Rest (was intending to workout, but its a no-go with my leg hurting)

My diet has been sucking lately. When I get really, really tired, I have NO energy to prepare food for myself, so I either don't eat, or I eat something super easy, which too often means stealing some of DH's cereal. Not good. I can tell. I've also been indulging in a little too much beer. More than two beers a week has a negative effect on my energy levels. I really need to get myself back on track. Sigh.

Alrighty, I hope you ladies are having a wonderful weekend! I love reading your posts!! Stay strong! Miss you!

2 comments:

madison said...

Wow, that's a strong workout for someone feeling a little less then perfect... How does your leg feel when you do front warrior, (injury in front and back), seated L might also be helpful just in terms of identifying where the pain is happening. If the answer is all of them, explore what happens with prone and kneeling mountain, making sure the feet are in a neutral position. Just curious... Be kind to yourself about nutrition and energy... Aim for a B average over the course of the year. You are so disciplined. It's o.k. to have a C+ week!

amber said...

everyone has 'slumps' (I put that in parentheses because really, your slumps are normal people's highs!)

Give the leg its due rest, and keep making good food choices as much as possible. Its not always possible, and some days you will be too tired. I feel that completely. But don't beat yourself up too much! You'll feel the results of allowing yourself that extra sleep in no time!