Friday, June 22, 2007

Happy Friday

Hey Everyone!

Hope you are all well! Things are great in WI. I bought a motorcycle about a month ago and love that it gets 70 MPG, but need to ride my bicycle more :)

I worked out with one of my private clients on Wednesday. Here is what I did:

15/15 workout

10 minutes of cleans with the 28k's (3 per set)
*This was the first time I was able to clean the 28's consistently. It kicked my butt and I had to drop down to the 24k's for the last 3 minutes.

10 minutes of 1-arm presses alternating with one arm snatches w/the 24k
I was able to get in 3 presses per set and 4 snatches per set-it was the first time I snatched the 24 and was really scared, but I did it :)

Yesterday I got a boxing lesson from Jess. I have been learning how to do bag work and it is one hell of a cardio workout!

My diet has been great, I had to start eating meat again and have been really pushing protein. I am trying to get really lean and it is working well!

Here is a typical day:

Breakfast: Rice, hemp or soy/pea protein powder (alternating), 1/2 cup of berries / water / flax oil / 1 cup of kale or spinach

Lunch: either a turkey or tofu wrap on wheat with veggies or salad with salmon or tuna steak or hummus pita with veggies and tofu or meat

snack: another protein shake similar to breakfast

Dinner: Burrito w/ veggies or salad w/ fish or chicken breast / or sometimes salad and another protein shake depending on if I had a snack or not!

This diet is working really well and I am able to switch up the veggies that I am eating. I have been only eating low glycemic fruits and have been limiting my starchy veggies and breads to 1-2 small servings a day!

I found out that I am allergic to eggs and dairy and since I have cut them out, I have been dropping weight and feel ALOT better!

Be Strong








3 comments:

madison said...

Guns!! Awesome workout. You are really becoming so strong. And cleaning those 28s couldn't happen without those new hips and lots of strong muscle around them! Thanks for the nutrition update. I have always known that I have a bad reaction to eggs and so I avoid them, and have cut back on dairy as well and feel much better. I like knowing what is working for you, because you have had so much success and because you really do work out hard so deprivation (the way of most weight loss nutrition) isn't part of your equation. Keep up the beautiful work!

K-Smash said...

Hey Guns!

Those workouts sound great! I'm so impressed by you! Pressing the 24s is GREAT! So is everything else you're doing.

A motorcycle?!?!? You need to send me some pics!

amber said...

i love to hear your food ideas. I eat a similar smoothie for breakfast, except I add a banana, and use rice milk instead of water.