Monday, June 11, 2007

I feel good (insert music here!)

Hey! Beautiful weekend. Had a fun workout Saturday morning at the gym. Pyramid of 10-15-20-25--25-20-15-10. The exercises were: burpees, skaters, sit-outs, mountain climbers. Then crawling, which I did all at the end. (the reps total 140 so the crawling was for yards). It felt good, and it wiped me out, and I rode my bike so there was no rest until I got home. Sunday, took a bike ride (Cap. Cit. trail with the monona lake loop added in). It's about 36 miles, but always takes me a little longer because I always get lost in Monona. Did the a.m. workout this morning. Three sets of decending reps for each exercise: 20s-15s-10s

Split squats alternate with kb swings and alligators alternate with pole crawl. I used 16kx2 for the split squats and the 32k for the swings. Biked in and home again, need to take the rest of the day easy. As I was biking home from the workout, I was passing all the biking commuters. Almost everyone was smiling. Just riding and smiling, like we're all still kids. Isn't that sweet!

3 comments:

K-Smash said...

Nice workouts!

What are split squats?

I really need to find out where the good bike trails are around here. :)

madison said...

Split squat are GREAT! Stand like you are going to do a regular squat, then step one foot slightly back so that the toe is even with the heel of the other foot. So, one leg is forward, the other is back. When you squat, you want your torso to stay relatively straight, between both legs, and the heel of the back foot can come off the ground. You'll go straight down, not too much pitch forward, until k-bells touch the floor. Happy squatting!

K-Smash said...

Very cool! I will have to try that soon.