Thursday, June 07, 2007

Finally back to gym

Have been in a workshop all week, after visiting with a friend from out of town for half of the previous week. I have been biking to work since Memorial day. Found a used Mt. bike, it's pretty, with fenders and a basket for riding around. I love it! Rode in to the gym this morning. Workout was: 300 yds., crawling, 3000 jump rope or 3 mile run, split up however you want. I did all the crawling: half regular, half with a power wheel. I made it through 2 of the three miles. Then had to clean up, jump on the bike, and then roll into work. I didn't get enough protein in my breakfast and lunch, ended up really sort of crashing, light headed, really hungry, during a walk with my friend after lunch. To be clear, lunch was not even a real meal. More like a snack of raw veggies during a networking/information gathering "function." I hate it when that happens. Hoping to make it back in for tomorrow morning's workout. I miss you guys! I love how the gym is such a little "home." Be strong!

2 comments:

amber said...

although I didn't bike that much, I still miss the plethora of bike paths in Madison (its the 4th most bike-friendly city in the nation I think!). Here its really not safe to bike into town. Out where I am I can go for a bike ride, but there are no bike lanes and the combination of windy roads + high speed limits make me a little afraid to do so. So . . . I'm jealous!

madison said...

Oh, burpees. I miss you. And I definitely miss having such good bike access when I'm somplace other than Madison... I think not testing out the "biker" awarenss on the less traveled, but windy/high speed roads is a good choice. But, with that beautiful new workout room, and your beautiful career taking off, I'm sure you are finding consolation...