Friday, February 02, 2007

Bad days happen....and then they get worse

I'm laughing about it now...but you know how I was saying I felt "off" and weak on Wednesday? Yeah, well, that's because I was coming down with a stomach flu. I should have seen it coming...I had all the classic symptoms that my family has when we get sick. Tuesday I was starving all day...Wednesday morning I felt tired and weak, and started to feel achy. I should know when I get that bizarre hunger that I am getting sick, and I should just stay in bed. Oh well.

So Thursday my sister-in-law really wanted to work out with me, so I went with her over to her apartment's tiny workout room. I ran for 15 minutes on the treadmill at a satisfyingly fast pace, but the rest of the time turned into me working with her on form for squats and pushups and teaching her some HEY. She has a lot of imbalances, so we started with bridge, front warrior, and incline plane. We'll add more as time goes on.

Today was a nice circuit (for time - get it done as fast as possible) 3 times through of 6 clean and press on each arm, 12 bent-over rows with each arm, and 24 swings. I used the 16 kg for the clean-press and rows, and the 24kg for the swings. I know I can swing more than that, but it was actually a good weight to do 24 reps in a row.

I was going to work out again when I got home tonight. I was doing office work all day...but I got home, ate a salad, and passed out. I'm going to have some tea, and then go back to bed. Be strong!!

1 comment:

madison said...

I've only started reading this entry. I saw the stomach flu and had to laugh. I promise never to actually ask you---"are you sure you're not about to start your period?" but it never hurts to ask oneself these kinds of questions. So funny!