Monday, February 05, 2007

A good start to the week

Its supposed to get up to 65 degrees here today. I know you guys in Mad Town are experiencing some really nasty cold weather. Stay safe!!!

So I had a great workout at Crossfit Austin this morning. We did 5x5 with KB clean and jerks, 5x5 KB clean and front squat, and 5x15 KB swings. I used 2x16kg for the jerks and squats and 1x32 for the swings. Felt good. Front squats have always killed me, so I was happy with be able to be strong throughout the workout. I really want to get to the point of using 24s for all the stuff I use 12s and 16s for now.

I don't feel too sore from the pushups yesterday. I don't feel too bad about the Superbowl either...I'm heart-broken, sure, but you can't listen to Tony Dungy and not have tremendous respect for him and his team.

So I made my own corn tortillas this weekend. They turned out great, and I baked some of them to make chips for the game. I made them with masa, ground flax seed, and water. Pretty easy...a bit time-consuming, but worth it. Let me know if you want the recipe, and I'll post it. Stay warm!!! Be strong!

2 comments:

amber said...

you're going to have some mega guns if you use 24's! I think that would be an awesome goal :)

Your workout sounds great!

K-Smash said...

It would be awesome...its a lofty goal...but I'll keep pushing. :)