Wednesday, February 07, 2007

why I love my gym

Because when you're having an off day, there's always someone there to push you through it.

Yesterday one of my favorite CNT's (who I will call C) worked out at 4pm FIT with me. Just having him there egging me on and working hard alongside me was motivation enough for me to finally push hard through a FIT workout! We did 10 min. jump rope, 30 on/30 off. I mixed it up every time, even hitting doubles and crossovers! Then on to 10 minutes of AMAP burpees. I lost count, but I was somewhere between 160 and 175 total. Then 10 min of agility ladder, although I have to admit my body was pretty wiped by that point and I was slowing down. Then core, 30 on/ 15 off of PW crawl, pikes and tucks. I made it two times through each exercise and called it a day, because I wanted to quit before the workout did me in!

Diet has picked up significantly (yay!). I've been doing granola with rice milk for breakfast, along with chai tea. Lunch was a veggie burrito with tomatoes, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, onions and beans. Dinner was stuffed portabellas: portabellas filled with zucchini, yellow squash, onions, bread crumbs, parmesean cheese and a bit of water/olive oil to hold that mixture together. Baked at 350 for about 10 min. I had it with a side of steamed broccoli, and it was delicious!

2 comments:

madison said...

WOW! Good workout and good breakthrough for you! I am missing the gym too, really missing all the folks I used to workout with. Be strong Burpees!

K-Smash said...

Sounds like an awesome workout - you'll be back in no time!!!

Veggie burrito and stuffed portabellas sound awesome...I'll have to try those sometime.