Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Short and sweet

Just what I needed today. I'm feeling tired from two intense workouts Mon and Tues, so today was perfect. A bunch of pilates stuff for about 20-30 minutes, then 75 wall ball and 75 burpees for time. I picked up a 10 lb ball for wall ball, but Adam gave me a 15 lb ball instead...evil... I finished the wall ball and burpees in 8:34. Then we did an 800 m run. My legs had NOTHING left, but I pushed through it.

After some recovery time, I messed around with the KB's again. I did some warm up snatches with the 16...then the 20....then snatched the 24 a few times. I can do consecutive reps with the right hand, but I was doing singles (quick singles - but still singles) with the left. I just need to keep working with it.

Funny story...a dear friend sent me a gift, which arrive by FedEx yesterday. The delivery guy went to hand me the package, and I reached out to take it, but then he stopped and got a weird look on his face, and looked like he wanted to say something to me. I had no idea what that was about, so I took that package and said, "Thanks! Have a great day!" A couple minutes later, I realized I have these nice big kettlebell bruises on both arms...maybe that's what it was about. Actually, I wonder if I am getting these bruises because my form is bad. Any thoughts on this?

Have a great day! Be strong!!!

1 comment:

amber said...

You crack me up, with your 'light workout'.

The bruises come because you let the KB's swing around/over your hand and hit you on the forearm when you finish the swing.

Try to stop that KB movement at the end, and keep the bells close to your hand. Its a hard feeling to explain, but if you flick your wrist and bring the bells over the top, you then need to punch through (upward with your hand) until you reach the top of the snatch. This lets you meet them halfway, instead of them hitting you with all the force.

The other part is grip strength. If you can grip them tightly enough through the top of the snatch, and only ease up your grip during the punch motion described above, then they will lose the momentum to swing and hit your forearm on the way down.

And until you figure out that trick, I'd wear some wristbands or fluffy cutoff sock bands on your wrist to avoid the battered housewife look!