Monday, February 26, 2007

Tough Monday

So I was inspired by burpees to try going really heavy with the kbs today...I tried to do a 5x5, but it ended up being a 4x5.

I did 4 sets of:
5 reps 2x20kg cleans
5 reps 2x20kg swings (except set 3, when I did 5 swings with 1x20kg on each arm)
5 snatches on each arm with the 20kg
5 push presses on each arm with the 20kg
10 overhead squats (holding 1x20kg in one hand for 5, then switching hands)

Then I played around and did single snatches with the 24 kg. So I can snatch the 24, but there's a heck of a lot of swing in it, so I feel like its cheating...using momentum to get it up there...I think I am going to keep doing snatches with the 20 and the 24 when I get a chance though...

What kills me are the double swings. Is it that my legs are too short, or are double swings really that hard? They were killing me! The overhead squats were pretty hard too...actually, they were REALLY hard. That's it for now. Hope you all are warm and safe! Be strong!

3 comments:

amber said...

OH squats are hard for me too. They just feel awkward.

And a good snatch does have a lot of swing, so don't feel like you're cheating if you use swing to get it up there!

K-Smash said...

I had to kind of step out of a few of my OHSs, because I started to lose the KB...I just need to do them more. Two handed OHS with a barbell are way easier for me, so I want to do the KB ones more.

Its so funny how scary it felt to snatch the 20 a couple weeks ago...and last night it didn't feel nearly that scary to snatch the 24.

amber said...

I also had to 'step out' of a few OH squats, which is putting it nicely. In fact what happened was the weight fell behind my center of gravity, twisted awkwardly behind me, and made me twist my arm up, pretzel-like, to avoid dinging the floor of the sports training room!

It is funny how easy heavy weight becomes. I remember when snatching the 16k was CRAZY heavy! Which is so funny to me now :)