Saturday, February 24, 2007

You have to try this workout

I went to the track/football field today and did this workout. It was nice.

1/4 mile jog

Line drills (~10 min)

Goalpost to goalpost on the football field of 10 traveling burpees alternating with crawling 10 steps (counted one hand only while crawling).

10x100m sprints

One more time of goalpost to goalpost traveling burpees and crawling.

The end. :D


The burpees and crawls ended up being 4 sets each to cross the field (I had to go past the goal post by about 7 yards). So the second time I did the traveling burpees and crawling, I did each set of crawls in a different direction - forward, backwards, and sideways on each side. My quads are burning. Now I am trying to resist the siren song of my pullup bar... I think tomorrow will really be a rest day. :)

Be strong!!

2 comments:

amber said...

it sounds awesome! I will probably save it for warmer weather though.

We have about 9 inches of snow here so far, with more falling every second! Yuck.

K-Smash said...

Yeah, doing it in warmer weather is a better idea. :)

I was thinking though, you could make this into a cool FIT workout. You could go across the street to the park, and set out cones...and do something like 5 sets of traveling burpees alternating with crawling down, run back to the beginning, then partner goes....?