Monday, February 12, 2007

Nice snowy Monday

Well, its turning into a typical Wisconsin winter after all. Its been below average highs for several weeks, and now its closer to normal temps (20's during the day). It snowed today; light fluffy stuff that would have been fun to sled in, if I could find anyone to go with!

Instead I did a body power workout on my own, because I'm busy during all of the class times. I did 4 sets, 20 reps, to 15 reps, to 10 reps, to 5 reps of each:
down dogs (started on the floor, ended on a medium box)
body rows (started on floor, ended on a medium box)
vertical jumps (I was probably hitting average of 12-15 inches of vertical height, no resistance)
stability ball pikeups
stability ball curls (done with arms across chest, tougher than I anticipated!)

Then I did 60 yards of bear crawl, with 3 snatches on each side every 5 yds (all with 12k's). That was just to get me used to snatching again, and using the KB's. I've been avoiding them because of my shoulder but need to restart, so I can work toward cleaning and snatching heavy weights again!

3 comments:

K-Smash said...

I WANT TO GO SLEDDING!! Seriously, I wish I could have gone. I miss snow.

That sounds like a good workout! You're coming back already. I think you will recover really fast.

Arms across chest on the curls? Never thought of that. I'll have to give it a try one of these days. :)

madison said...

Great workout! I agree with K-smash. You are coming along fast and making good choices about how to keep training solidly while your shoulder recovers strength. I tried to do the leg curls with a stability ball with my arms across my chest and couldn't stabilize enough. I'm going to revisit it though. Swimming really has me aware of how tight my hip flexors are, and the leg curls are a good move for counter acting that.

amber said...

That does sound like a perfect combo. Swimming gets those hip flexors fired up, especially flutter kicking. And curls will allow that to open back up.

There is a lot of stability required. I did them very slowly and tried to feel my body balance throughout. Still tough, though!