Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Probably shouldn't mention that it was 74 today...?

A couple good workouts today...

First thing in the morning was 5 rounds of 15 overhead squats (used 45lb bar), 12 renegade rows (2x12kg), and 1/4 mile run. I did it in about 24 minutes.

Next was the workout with SIL. We spent A LOT of time with prone mountain. That pose really clicked with her, and she found some of the activations already. The difference in her posture after she did it the first few times was nothing short of amazing. She's desperate for progress, so I brought a cable, chinup bar, jungle gym, and PPU with me to her place. We did 90 deg. chins, cable punches, body rows, and pushups. I used the PPU, and then I made her do full pushups while assisting her with the PPU under her hips. She's been doing knee PUs, so I decided perhaps I should give her something a little new. We did prone mountain throughout the workout, and her form looked great compared to last time she tried them. We spent so much time in that pose, that I didn't bother with any others today. It made a huge difference. I'll be anxious to hear how she felt at work tonight. This weekend I think we'll add in kneeling table and kneeling mountain.

After that SIL and I made lunch together...she's been low on energy lately and craving liver, so I suspect she may be anemic. We made liver and onions for lunch, along with salad. It wasn't bad...with a lot of onions. :)

So I made this awesome smoothie this morning...you guys have to try it. It was so good.
2 handfuls ice cubes
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1 cup water
1 heaping teaspoon ground flax seed
1 scoop whey protein powder
2 large handfuls fresh baby spinach

Sooooooooo good!

I'm home now and have a few hours free time before DH gets home. I think I'll relax a bit, and then spend some time doing HEY myself. Be strong!

1 comment:

amber said...

that smoothie does sound good. I make something similar, but with kale instead of spinach; I may see how spinach goes. Berries hide a lot of bad tastes in smoothies!

great news about your SIL's progress! Focusing on a single position is a perfect idea, so she doesn't feel overwhelmed. It sounds like she's going to make progress plenty fast. Just keep reminding her that health is more than the size of your thighs! You're a great role model for her to have at this stage of her life.