Monday, August 21, 2006

15/15 Workout

I did a 15/15 workout today. I did each exercise for 6 minutes (except pushups and situps - I went for 6.5 minutes)

1. Lunges (holding two 23 lb dumbbells...wish I had 16kg KBs for that...)
2. Pushups
3. Deadlifts (managed to get 80 lbs in that little canvas military bag)
4. 90 degree assisted chins
5. Situps

Lunges were fine. 46lbs was OK, but I could probably go a little heavier. I started out at 8 pushups per set and at the end was doing 6 per set. Deadlifts were uncomfortable - the bag really cut into my hands, and I wished that it didn't hang as low as it does so that I had room to flex a little further forward. Chins were fine. Situps were tough - I did 14 per set at the beginning and 13 per set by the end. Keeping that pace up was tough. I was a little disappointed that I wasn't hitting 15 per set. I never did situps in a 15/15 before...I liked it. I'll do that more often.

In other exciting news, I joined a rowing club today. My first sculling lesson is Wednesday morning. I can't wait! I got a six month membership that includes some lessons, clinics, and unlimited sculling and kayaking. They also have teams (of all levels) - they were really encouraging about me getting on a team, so I think after I am rowing for a couple weeks or months, I might try that. I'm going to take DH out on the water in a kayak this weekend too!

2 comments:

Tough Chick said...

Congrats on the rowing club. That will really strengthen your back and shoulders. You will be doing full unassisted chins in no time :)

Girl I wish that I could buy you some kettlebells. I hate the thought of a life that is void of the cold, black, bells and to hear of your struggles with the bulky bags makes me sad. Heh. On the upside, I suppose you will really appreciate your KB's when you get them.

Say hi to DH for me!

madison said...

Hey K-smash! As always, you are such an inspiration. You are so dedicated to keeping yourself fit, finding your community of fitness after the move, etc. Just want you to know that it helps me. Yesterday I almost didn't go to the 5:00 class, so I logged onto the blog and got myself committed to going. Let me know how today's workout goes for you!! Looking forward to hearing about rowing!