Tuesday, August 22, 2006

BP for Monday

I had a great workout yesterday. The theme was 40's and we did cleans, presses, and windmills.

I was struggling to clean the 12k's and couldn't figure out why and then iheartburpees told me to put a slight swing at the bottom. Wow. I went right up to the 16's and am close to being able to use the 20k's. It always amazes me at how much a tiny change in form can make such a difference. I tried to do the presses with the 16k's and got in a couple with horrible form. I need to strengthen my core and am having issues with my dysplasia ridden left shoulder, damn it! I may need to stick with cable presses where it is easier for me to push straight up instead of back. I was quite amused by the windmills as it was the first time I have ever been able to do them. I didn't have that range of motion before surgery and havent been strong enough since, until now that is :)

Diet was pretty good. One of my coworkers brought in tomatoes from his garden. They were so sweet and juicy, YUM. I also ate more salsa and beans with some chips; a garden veggie wrap with lettuce, tomatoe, sprouts, and avocado; and apple and a plum; I had eggplant, pattypan squash, potatoes, carrots, and onions left over from my CSA share, so I stir fried it all with some tamari, lemon juice, natural peanut butter and hot sesame oil. It is an interesting combo, but tastes good. I had a weak moment yesterday afternoon when I went in the break room to get more tomatoes and someone had brought in donuts. I didnt grab one, but instead went back to my desk. Then the image of the donut would not go away. I sat here for two hours and fought the urge and then finally I couldnt take it anymore and I ate the donut... and it was damn good :)

Be Strong!

2 comments:

madison said...

You did great yesterday, especially on those windmills. Don't know if I'll see you at 5:00 today, but want to say you're terrific!

K-Smash said...

Hey Guns! Don't you worry - I'll get some KBs someday! And I will love them! The sandbags are probably good for me anyway...

I'm really happy that you are progressing with the KBs too. That rocks! You'll get there with your presses too. How are presses with the 12kgs? You could do high reps with those, and then start doing singles with the 16s. Also, for strengthening the core, I find that overhead squats and renegade rows really engage my core...in a way that would be good for presses. Well, I need some sleep - later!