Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Can't Keep Up!

Hey Ladies!

Whew, I have had an incredibly busy week. I decided to turn my phone off and set aside my pile of work for a few minutes so that I can post!

I didn't work out last Wednesday or Thursday. I did work out with BBG on Friday and it was awesome, as usual. We had a free for all workout, but I can't remember exactly how many sets we did. I started with the fireman's rope pull with 246.4 lbs of kettlebells, and then did clean, squat, and throw with a 60lb ball. I think we repeated that twice. I also did a set of Renegade rows with the 20k's and a set of 1 arm punches with both handles of the green cable. Then we added another 20k to the rope to equal 290.4 lbs and did 30 yards in one set. We did one more set of clean, squat, and throw and called it a day.

I took my dog for a nice long walk to the dog park on Saturday. On Sunday, I went for another great bike ride in Spring Green with three friends. Ah, it was so beautiful. I will post some pics this week. It was only 26 miles, but was so hilly that it felt like 40 :)

My Mom arrived here yesterday and will be visiting for a week. I was really excited to see her, but couldn't imagine not going to the gym, so I left work early and just did a quick workout on my own. I did 1 arm cleans with the 28k and 1 arm snatches with the 12k's. Then I did 10 pwr wheel knees to elbows and a PW crawl followed by some touch downs and sit-up and reach. I am really focusing on strengthening my core. Its weakness is holding me back in a lot of areas.

Nutrition has been pretty good. I have always struggled with cravings and probably always will, but have been acknowledging them without giving in to them.

Be Strong!

1 comment:

K-Smash said...

A free for all workout is a good idea. Totally forgot about that. Actually, that's kind of the same thing as the playground workout. I have't done that in a long time.

Have you taken your Mom to the gym at all? You should show her while she's in town!

I understand about the cravings. I get a lot of cravings for grains when I am training a lot. And then if I stay up late, I always end up getting cravings for sweets...a good reason to go to bed early!!! :)