Saturday, August 26, 2006

Whew! Wore myself out!

This morning I went to the track and ran sprints. When I got there, I found out that there was a freshmen football game, so I had limited time on the track...which ended up being a good thing. I ran a quick half-mile to warm up, and then ran 10 or 11 (I lost track a little) 100 m sprints with very little recovery time in between.

Then I went home, ate some breakfast, and headed to the rowing club. I went out on the water for about an hour today - maybe a little under an hour. It was super sunny and hot, and the water was really crowded! There were tons of people out there rowing, kayaking, and canoeing. I went further than I've rowed before...still working on technique a lot, but it was a good workout too. I probably would've stayed out longer, but my left leg started hurting.

Then I went home and completely passed out for a while. While I was sleeping, DH was practicing Qigong in the living room. He said I woke up and looked at him, but I have no memory of that. Anyway, when I finally was able to wake myself up, we ate some lunch, and then headed back down to the rowing club so that I could take DH out on the water. We went out on a double kayak. It was super hard to steer with both of us paddling, but we eventually got the hang of it. We saw a lot of turtles, some swans, all kinds of different ducks, some grebes, and something that we thought was an eagle. Normally when I go out in the morning I also see snowy egrets, blue heron, and today, for the first time, a white pelican. There were a lot of people with their dogs out in the water, and one friendly black lab swam right up to our kayak. He was so cute. The water felt really cool and refreshing, so I had to jump in a wade around for a little bit in one of the shallow areas.

I had planned to do a circuit today, because I was too tired to do it yesterday, but I wore myself out. I think I am done for the day. Yesterday, I went for a fast 2 to 2.5 mile run before my rowing lesson, and then I got out on the water for about an hour and fifteen minutes. That afternoon, I was out in the intense heat (got up to 105 again) cleaning the car, and after that, I was too drained to do anything else. I think tomorrow I am going to go for a short row and that's it. Then I'll start with the strength training again on Monday.

I hope you ladies are having a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

amber said...

I'm jealous of all your rowing, it sounds like so much fun! Don't forget that its like a workout, and don't burn yourself out by trying to do too much in one day.

If I ever get down to Austin, we'll have to go out on the water. :)