Thursday, August 10, 2006

Coming up for air

Hey!! Yes, yesterday's workout---the 100 yards---was killer. I was toasted from the day before (still no sleep so a late night sprint then walk, sprint then walk, for about 3.5 miles got me to bed at about 1:30 a.m.). I came to the noon workout, which I love, and used the 32 K for swings, then wall walks facing the wall for laterals. I didn't finish 100 yards on the wall walks. Made a full 15 yards without stopping for the first time (about my 4th set) and when I came out of it, Chad a Julie freaked out because my face was purple. I felt like it had been intense, but not freak show intense. I decided I was suffering from burnout and stopped there. Had a head rush in the locker room afterwards, finally got home and had a good meal---fresh okra sauteed in olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper. I added some shrimp at the end for protein, and it was delish. Haven't been eating as much veggies as I should, but cutting myself slack for just having a difficult couple of months. I feel a turn around happening with the last week. Taking today off, getting a massage, then working with my mom this weekend to get her started on a training program. She says she doesn't like to exercise, but I know she likes to be active so we'll see what she likes with the portable monkey bar gym. That's all I have for now!!

No comments: