Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Fried...in more ways than one...

Holy cats! I am TIRED.

I went kayaking for an hour and a half this morning, and then I ran about 4 miles this evening. I am wiped out... When I was out on the water, it was breezy and beautiful. I kept splashing water on myself, and it was so nice and cool. When I went running tonight, it was about 98 degrees...not so cool. In fact, I started getting a little worried because I didn't think I was sweating as much as I should have been, and I started feeling a little head-achy. I finished OK though, and DH and I got some dinner right away - some yummy Japanese food!

When I went kayaking, I put on my spiffy SPF 30 sunblock...I pretty much don't leave the house without it...except, for some airheaded reason, I only put in on my face and arms and totally forgot my legs. Yeah....

Nutrition has been pretty good so far this week, unlike last weekend. I have felt good lately, but noticed that my weight seemed to be creeping up a bit, so I cut back on the grains, and increased raw veggies again. I sliced up a cucumber and squeezed fresh lemon juice on it - simple, but amazingly delicious. I made an awesome kale-raspberry smoothie this morning. Tonight DH and I split a teriyaki beef-veggie bowl with brown rice, sashimi tuna, and seaweed salad...that was sooooo good! Tomorrow I am going to make an east Indian green bean tofu curry sort of thing.

Well, I better shower up and hit the hay - I have a rowing lesson at 7:00 a.m.!!!!

1 comment:

madison said...

You are terrific! Make sure you are getting enough sleep too...