Sunday, August 20, 2006

What a beautiful day for a ride

I went for a 30 mile ride today with my friend L. The weather was fabulous with a nice breeze, low humidity and not a cloud in the sky. It was the first time we did the route and wont be the last :)



This week, my CSA share came with all of the supplies to make homemade salsa. I used three different kinds of tomatoes, 3 jalapenos, a small red onion, 3 shallots, a whole clove of garlic and cilantro. I love that all of the ingredients came from my friends farm and they are organic and full of love. We made the salsa and then took tofu, black beans, and vegetarian taco mix and put it all on corn tortillas. Yummy! I still had three huge tomatoes left so I sliced them and let them marinate in fresh basil and balsalmic vinegar. I also received an entire bag of fruit on Friday. It was a gift from my boss for staying so late to finish the power point. It was a nice payoff for missing my bike ride.

Friday's workout was fun. It was 5 reps slow, followed immediately by 5 reps normal up, slow on negative, followed by 5 normal repeat twice. I worked out with BBG, which was fun and motivating :) The exercises were chins, presses, deadlifts, and foot up lunges.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

K-Smash said...

Great pics! That looked like a really pretty ride! And that salsa sounds delicious!! MMMmmmm!!!!