Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thirsty Thursday

With temperatures reaching into the low 100's, it was a good day to drink lots and lots of water! The 100 yard workout looks tough!! Nice job, girls. You are awesome!!!

After yesterday's scorching run, I decided to get up and out the door before sunrise to run. It was a beautiful 77 degrees and 89% humidity. I got three miles in and made it home before DH left for work. The rest of my workout waited until this evening. I did a circuit...3 times through, 8 to 12 reps each time. 12 most of the time, except for the 2 exercises that aggrevate my shoulder (#1 and #5).

1. Diamond pushups
2. Body rows
3. Regular pushups
4. Chinups
5. Cable presses
6. Situps (30 reps AFAP each time)

DH joined me for two rounds through the circuit, which definitely made it easier to push myself.
My shoulder is hurting a little less lately, but I can tell its going to take a long time to heal completely. Oh yes, and last night when DH got home, he confirmed that I was sick. He looked at me and said, "Do you have a black eye?" He said under my eyes was dark and puffy and that otherwise, I looked pale. So I hit the hay early and felt much better today.

I ate plain organic oatmeal with a little buckwheat honey after my run. I guess buckwheat honey has a higher level of antioxidants than other types of honey. I've really been craving oatmeal lately...plain oatmeal...not sure what's up with that. Then later I had a Kashi GoLean waffle with a bit of peanut butter and half a banana sliced. That was soooooo freakin' good. I had some leftover beef & veggie curry for lunch and later some watercress salad. Snacks included a cup of yogurt and a kashi granola bar. I think for dinner I'm going to have an ear of corn and maybe some of that greenbean-mushroom-tofu stirfry...and cubed cantaloupe for dessert.
I've been eating less veggies this past week, but I think thats because I've felt under the weather. Veggies never go down well when I don't feel well. When I feel good, I totally crave them. I wonder if that's a physical thing or a mental thing.

Well, ladies, have a good night!

1 comment:

Ilanna said...

I can't eat lettuce when i'm sick - so i know how you feel. Lettuce just serves to make me MORE nauseous. Asparagus I can eat though - i think it's the meatier veggies that work better for me. :)