Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Toasty Tuesday

Yeah, its a little warm out. Today was the 6th or 7th day in a row with high temps in the 100's, and something like the 19th day in a row with a high above 96.

Anyway, today's workout was a card deck with hindu pushups, 90 degree assisted chinups, front squats with 40 lbs, and stability ball curls. I followed that up with 2 sets of 60 protocol situps. I don't think I've been doing enough hindu PUs lately...they were hard.

Sunday I did a short, hard run. I ran 10 minutes at a medium pace to warm up, walked 6.5 minutes at a fast clip to recover, and then ran 13.5 minutes at a hard pace. That's a workout thats specific for my PFT.

Saturday, DH and I went for a walk together...a little over 4 miles.

Friday and Monday I took off... Friday was simply because it was a busy day and I ran out of time. Monday I felt tired and sluggish all day. Its the heat, I swear. And air conditioning really doesn't help.

Last Saturday, DH and I went to the Farmers Market and I got a bunch of fresh, fire-roasted Hatch chilis. Everything here is all about the chilis right now. They are delicious! So I made a tomatillo-hatch chili sauce (tomatillos, roasted chilis, chopped green onions, cilantro) and used that to make homemade spinach-mushroom enchiladas! Those were SOOOO good. Today I used more of the sauce for black bean tosadas. I simmered black beans with tomatoes, onions, garlic, epazote, and cumin. DH and I ate it on top of warm corn tortillas topped with fresh guacamole (the healthy kind), tons of lettuce, the tomatillo-hatch chili sauce, chopped green onions, and cilantro. DH had cheese on his too. Those were amazing. I'll bet you could use any sort of fresh green chili, like Anaheim chilis, and grill them and make a similar sauce. You guys should try it - it was amazing.

Here's a picture from our walk on Saturday.

1 comment:

Ilanna said...

when are you coming to cook for me? :)

(btw what defines the "healthy" kind of guacamole?) :)