Monday, August 07, 2006

Stronger every day

On Thursday I decided that I am going to do the AIDS ride next year. This decision came after seeing a couple of friends off at the opening ceremony. I went for a 27 mile ride on Saturday. I am going to need to train ALOT over the next year.

I did today's body power workout. I used the 12k kettlebells for the Clean, Squat, Presses. I had some difficultly with the Turkish Get Ups. I was able to finish all of them, but didn't use any weight at all. I could definetly pinpoint the weakness to my hips on that excercise. I finished with 3 sets of 10 snatches with the 12k's.

Diet today was:
-cucumber, carrots, and tomatoes with red pepper hummus
-vegetarian chili
-pasta with zuchini, green beans, tomatoes, snow peas and homeamade pesto
-Smoothie w/ rice milk, banana, pineapple, kale, and "source of life"
-roasted potatoe wedges

No comments: