Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Wednesday, August 9

Ran about 4 miles this morning. It was freakin' hot. My legs felt tired, my core felt tired...the first 2 miles were OK, but the last 2 miles were horrible. When I got back to the apartment, some of the sprinklers were on, so I stood under the water for a while to cool off. I probably looked like a lunatic, but oh well.

I was going to do some strength training today, but I'm not feeling too well. I get a head-rush everytime I stand up, and feel kind of dizzy. My stomach is upset, and I feel tired. I think I am going to call it a day and try to get out earlier tomorrow morning to beat the heat.


For those of you that are interested, I know "gunshow" is :D , here's what I ate today:
-Optimum Power cereal with skim milk
-orange juice
-Nectarine
-Kiwi
-granola bar (Optimum Recovery)
-Watercress salad (my favorite salad): watercress, shredded carrots, dried cranberries, chopped, toasted almonds, and chopped apple tossed with lemon juice.
-a cup of lowfat yogurt

I was going to have leftover beef-veggie curry and brown rice for dinner, but not sure, since I don't feel well. I might settle for some plain oatmeal.

Yesterday I made a green bean, shiitake mushroom, and tofu stir-fry, which was OK, except I think I should have soaked the mushrooms longer than I did. I've been on a greek salad kick lately, and have been eating a lot of salads made with romaine lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radishes, and sometimes some feta, and a homemade olive oil-lemon juice dressing. I had an awesome turkey sandwich for lunch yesterday made with Ezekial bread, avocado, lettuce, cucumber, and tomato. That was delicious! I made some other really good salads lately - one was romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomato, radish, scallions, chili beans, and a homemade cilantro dressing. The other night, hubby and I had salmon and broccolini, and I made a mango-kiwi relish to eat with the salmon. That was awesome - basically, diced mango, kiwi, cilantro, and a splash of OJ. I used the leftover relish as a salad dressing.

Well, enough of my rambling...hope you ladies had a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

Tough Chick said...

Hey there K-Hulk! (Hee-Hee) I am impressed with your drive to keep running despite the heat and your not feeling well. Way to go GIRL! Thanks for posting your diet as well. It is really helpful! Enjoy the 100 yards workout. Lemme know if you have questions on the walking swings.