Wednesday, April 04, 2007

44 on 4/4--Not bad day, Birthday!

Haven't posted for a while, but have been still managing to get in my workouts. Today I'm 44! I did a birthday workout---4 sets of 4 exercises with 11 reps per set: one armed cleans (11 reps each arm), squats, push-ups, pistols (11 reps per leg). I tried to do regular 2-armed cleans but don't have the strength yet for the 20s and those are the only kettle bells I have. It's cold and snowy here today. Yesterday was warm enough to go for a bikeride, so I did. Came home to discover I had a bunch of mangled worms hanging from the bike frame (so gross). I've been working at just improving a little each week from the week before, and resisting the temptation to compare my fitness to a year and half ago, before the allergy drama started and blew my progress out of the water. Took a trapeze class on Sunday. Have lost some strength, but not as much as I feared and had an incredible time. I can feel that this is going to be a wonderful time in my life. It already is a wonderful time in my life---crappy weather, mangled worms, and all!

3 comments:

K-Smash said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful and amazing day, because you are a wonderful and amazing woman and you deserve it!

And good workout too - 11 pistols per leg truly amazes the heck out of me. That's really, really good!

madison said...

I just need to clarify... I'm doing stability level pistols. I have a chair, no resistance, I do keep my arms crossed over my chest so that I don't use them too much, and I'm really just working on the stability, balance, alignment for each leg... Thanks for the birthday wishes! I am having a fun day.

amber said...

Happy Birthday!! That's a great birthday workout too. Any pistols are pretty challenging, even chair ones. It takes a lot of balance, stability and strength to do them.

The cold + wind is making the lake do really crazy things. The waves are breaking hard, and there are ice crystals on the shore that make it glitter. Neat, but the cold sure stinks!

There's a woman who works out at MBG in the mornings who does trapeze, and she brings her own into the gym to practice with. She's going to show me some moves!