Monday, April 02, 2007

heavy kb workout

This was a killer 5X5 workout:
cleans with 20k's
presses with 20k's
snatches with 20k's (one arm at a time!)
squats with 20k's
swings with 20k's

I failed on presses and squats a couple of times, but I've figured out how not to fall forward during squats!

I also did an easy ~5mile run today, with 2 loops on Bascom Hill included. That took about an hour including panting breaks. It was nice and sunny today :)

As far as diet goes, I've been trying to cut out a lot of my dairy intake. We'll see how it makes me feel, but so far so good; my energy level has been quite good this past week.

2 comments:

K-Smash said...

That workout has become one of my favorites. The swings with two 20s KILL me though. How are those for you? The squats with the 20s are ok, but I can only do a couple at a time. I can only press one 20 at a time too...I can't do both together. OK, now I feel like a total weakling! AHHHH!!!! I'm going to do a heavy workout later this week and see how it goes.

Anyway, that's a good workout! And to think, a little while ago you were worried about how much fitness you lost. You're really doing great! Its going to be so fun when you're down here and we can work out together! :D

amber said...

I know, I'm silly. But its hard to be around people this fit and not feel weak! I feel better and better all the time about my fitness, but think I still have some improvements to make.

And I'm so psyched for visiting! I need to go through that list of stuff we can choose to do and find the cheap, fun things!