Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Crossroads again

This morning's workout:
Line drills with several laps of running around the building. Then we did a bear crawl all the way around the building. Probably about 200 m. Then I did 150 thrusters - I started out with 2x30lb dumbbells, but it was too much. I moved down to 2x25lbs and it still took me a looooong time to finish.

I think I am still sleep deprived. I have NOT been sleeping much lately. So much is going on. SIL got in a car accident last night. I swear, its always one thing or another with her. She's OK, and the accident wasn't her fault.

Our evil corporate landlord wants to raise the rent AGAIN on this little slum we call home, SO I contacted a realtor and have started shopping for mortgages. If we're going to pay with blood for our living quarters, it might as well be for something that we'll get some return on. We've been pleasantly surprised by the selection of homes in our price range, as well as the mortgage programs offered to us so far.

Finally, I may be approaching a career crossroads. I MIGHT have some real answers about the whole career situation, which you guys have been familiar with, next week. I also got a very interesting, exciting, and unexpected offer for another career option today, which I would love to go after if I wasn't to committed and invested in career choice #1. So I need to do a lot of thinking and praying in the next week or so to figure out what I want to do.

Sometime next week, I think I may do this workout: 150 burpees, 150 swings, 150 thrusters, 150 wall ball. It might hurt. The goal will be to finish in under 60 minutes.

Here's something fun...my dear friend taught me how to knit this past weekend. Here's my first knitted work ever:

4 comments:

amber said...

Wow, another career option! You're so great :)

I think buying is a great idea. Texas is a much better market than even the midwest, and its a nice feeling to own something rather than being at the whim of a landlord. I'm excited about it, anyways! Let me know how the search goes.

If you want to save that workout for when I get there next week, I'm game :)

K-Smash said...

I have a feeling you and I are going to work ourselves to death because we're going to be so excited to have some playtime together!

I'm really excited about buying a home, and honestly, I cannot believe we even qualify for the mortgages offered so far. Of course, we're taking it slow to make sure that we're fully educated on everything before we make a decision. The Austin market is a bit better than Madison, but not by much. Austin property taxes are very high, but we're still seeing places that we'll be able to afford. :) Hopefully we won't have to move in a year or so, but if we do, then I guess we rent it out or sell...

amber said...

i bought home buying for dummies, and it was well worth it! There's also a lot of info on the web.

madison said...

Good for you K-smash!! It's a big step, but I second Burpees. Well worth it... And, this sudden "wealth" of opportunity in the career area has been a long time coming too. You know that whatever happens, it is the right thing for the right reason (you just might now know the reason!).