Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Snow storm.

Yes. All day today. Mid April. Wisconsin is lovely. Taking the day off after wiping myself out yesterday. I'm not too sore, but tired. It would be good to go for a swim, but I don't think I'll be doing that today. Extra sleep is my plan for tonight. I'm realizing (probably obvious to everyone but me until now) that when I'm tired or stressed I tend to overeat. Working on strategies to not give into that impulse. Did I mention it looks like a blizzard outside today. That sort of takes the wind out of my sails too. Loved those pictures K-Smash! Keep shining!

3 comments:

amber said...

wasn't yesterday's workout a doozy? I'm pretty wiped still.

I think I understand the overeating while exhausted thing. It makes sense; your body may be trying to compensate for its lack of energy. As long as you overeat on the good stuff, it should be fine. Saying no to the junk is the hard part!

K-Smash said...

Unreal...snow in April. I'm telling you...move to Texas!

You know, last week when I felt really overtrained, at first my appetite was gone. But then I started feeling famished all the time, and craved anything and everything...I just constantly wanted to eat. Sometimes I felt too tired to eat, but I wanted to eat...

I think burpees is right about the possibility of your body overcompensating...I say when that happens, try your best to go heavy on the fruits and veggies... When I feel very tired or overworked, I tend to crave things like raisins or cereals or sweets...and those things are more calorically dense, which would make sense as far as compensation for lack of energy...

Anyway, extra sleep is a GOOD thing!

madison said...

Thanks! I'll see how it works to manage that stress reaction. I also learned this morning that I misunderstood how we were counting the reps for the workout, so I ended up doing the "power level" reps instead of stability level. I feel a lot less demoralized!