Monday, April 16, 2007

Sunshine!!!

Hey! Out of town for the weekend, but did squeeze in a workout Friday morning before I left and had a great bikeride on Sunday when I got back. Worked out this morning too. Today was one-armed everything: cleans, presses, swings, front squats. 3 reps each side for 6 sets. Low overall reps so used a challenging weight, which for me these days is 24k for everything but the presses (20k). Took me a while to finish. My partner was using a much lighter weight so she finished much sooner. Nutrition was very bad over the weekend---too much cake. But I did manage to avoid anything that would make my stomach really act up which was difficult because my sister made homemade spaghetti sauce and it smelled and looked delicious. I wanted to say thanks K-smash and Burpees for the feedback about over-training, stress, and over-eating. It helps to be able to recognize it can be physically based (like PMS or not getting enough sleep) and not get all caught up in my head about not being able to manage the simplest things in my life!! Be strong!!

3 comments:

K-Smash said...

Hey - I ate cake this weekend too! I ate one huge meal every day, Friday through Sunday, and then snacked a bit here and there...not the best nutrition strategy, but I feel pretty good today anyway.

You are sounding very positive! I'm happy to read how happy you are. It helps to know when to be strict with yourself and when to lay off.

Training, being healthy, and finding the optimum conditions for your body seems to be more of a constant experiment than anything else. I think the optimum conditions for a body are constantly evolving...steady states might apply to chemical reactions in a test tube, but definitely not to bodies living normal lives!

madison said...

So true! That is one of the lessons of yoga, the body is constantly changing, evolving, renewing and dying off. It's not even one body sometimes. The same pose feels totally different on the right side compared to the left--right-sided body and left-sided body. Easy to see that it's all about staying with the process and not the result when I'm feeling good. Hard to remember let alone practice when I'm feeling bad!

amber said...

You're amazingly strong! Life happens to your workouts sometimes, and its good to realize that. I'm also glad the nausea is better overall for you.