Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ouch!

Made to FIT this morning. It was a self-paced workout---100 reps for stability, 150 for strength, 200 for power broken into however many sets of however many reps you choose to reach the total. The exercises were: burpees, touchdowns, crawling (reps translate to yards), box jumps, swings, log jumps. My partner and I worked together starting with burpees and touchdowns, alternating until we reached our total reps. I was initially aiming for 150s, but quickly discovered that I wouldn't finish within the set time (30 minutes) not by a long shot, so we took it down to 100s and I still had to stay late to finish. My partner was newer, and maybe I would have pushed harder with a more experienced partner, but I felt good, didn't get too stressed breathing wise, and I finished which is what mattered to me. I am really feeling it now. Sore!! It wil be a while before I have the energy for a FIT class like I used to! Stay strong!

2 comments:

K-Smash said...

Wow...that's a pretty ambitious workout! I like it. Good job!

I definitely do not think you should worry about how long it takes you or how hard you're pushing. You have never been a slacker, so I think you are doing a good job of being smart about your training. Its good to hear that you were able to control your breathing issues too...that is great progress! OK, I have a ferret attacking my foot...life is fun...

madison said...

I forgot you have a ferret. You are strange... Thanks for the support. I really did overdo it in the sense that I was sleepy all day yesterday. I'm taking today off and going back tomorrow. FIT classes are best for getting into overall shape I think...