Thursday, April 19, 2007

Life is a rollercoaster

I went for a 3 mile run this afternoon. Medium-steady pace...didn't feel too great. I just didn't feel as strong as I normally do, but I didn't feel awful either.

I did feel pretty exhausted and a bit sore when I woke up this morning, and my hamstrings were really sore when I started running. Maybe I need more sleep, maybe its stress. Anyway, at least it's a beautiful day and the air and the sun felt good when I was running.

I had a great time with my Dad in town last weekend, and now this weekend, one of my dear friends is coming from the east coast to visit. She'll only be here Friday through Monday, but that's plenty of time for us to cause havoc and chaos in Austin. :D (Good havoc and chaos, for the record!) Be strong!

2 comments:

amber said...

Not every 3 mile run feels amazing. I slogged through one yesterday that I did not enjoy, just endured. But those days happen, and you just need to remember the kick-ass days that happen too.

ps: I love when I have sore muscles; its a sign that I'm working beyond my old limits of strength to build new :)

madison said...

I second burpees! Sometimes, it just doesn't feel good, and even then, it's a gift for your body, mind, and soul. You just don't get to unwrap it on that particular day.