Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Morning workouts??!!

So, when I was teaching the morning classes, I would get up at 5:00 at the lastest so that I was awake enough to motivate people and teach. Even then, I would think, I can't work out at this hour. It's too early for my body. Now it's the only time that really works for me, and so that's my new deal, get up, drink water, drink some more, head to the gym. Today was FIT. 90 sec. on, 30 off, groups of 3 people working through each set. Two people stayed at opposite ends of the room, while a third did a traveling exercise back and forth for reps then took the place of one of the others who traveled and then switched out with the third person and so on... The sets were:
Wall sit--running (5 lengths)
Skaters---lateral slides (3 lengths)
jumping jacks---crawling (one length)
mt.climbers---karaoke (3 times)
touchdowns---inchworm (1 length)

I did manage a pretty good pace, breathing and nausea were manageable. I don't feel like I overdid it, which sets me up well for the rest of the day. Nutrition---I love Acai juice with Energy Crunch cereal. Planning on steaming some pea pods and carrots and tossing with fresh tofu and some seasoned low sodium soy sauce. Don't know what else... Have a good one!

3 comments:

K-Smash said...

Thats a really fun workout. I like that. I love the sprints in groups of three people too - where each person runs 3 lengths...and you keep going for 8 minutes or something like that. Those are always good. Maybe I'll try to put those into our workout tonight.

I know what you mean about the morning workouts. I prefer working out in the morning over any other time of day for sure. Good to hear that the breathing/nausea situation is improving and that you are able to keep it under control.

amber said...

That workout does get people going nicely!

amber said...

oh, and have I mentioned how good it is to see you back at the gym?