Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Still pushing...

Made it into the 6:30 again this morning... It might become a habit. We did 6 sets of:
Handstand hold (until fatigue)
PW rollouts (hold extended position for 5 counts, then do 5 reps regular pace)
Front Squats (hold bottom of position for 5 counts, then do 5 reps regular pace)
PW leg curls (hold starting position for 5 counts, then do 5 reps regular pace)

I used 2 20kgs for the front squats and on the hand stand, worked with unweighting my left hand then my right hand in preparation for one-armed. I didn't use resistance on the leg curls. I'm really working on getting better extention at my hips, and I know I'll just compensate in some way with weight and shorten my hip flexors, which means, no resistance for me for a while.

I went for a little run last night when I got home from work. I was so slow, even though I felt wound up with energy. I signed up to do the Crazylegs this Saturday. I've never done any sort of event before, so I think it will be a good experience for me. Be strong!!!

2 comments:

K-Smash said...

You're definitely getting some really good workouts in! That's great!

Good luck on Crazylegs on Saturday - enjoy the experience! Everyone is so energetic and enthusiastic there.

amber said...

wow, amazing work on that set of exercises! You are so strong :)

Running Crazylegs is a great idea (as long as its nice out). Its a fun, crowded run. And there's beer at the end.